Benefits and Perks
As a member of Local 338 RWDSU/UFCW, there are benefits available to you which have been negotiated through strong collective bargaining agreements. These benefits allow members of Local 338 to access services ranging from medical to prescription to childcare! No matter if you are a part time or full-time member, there are a number of different benefits available to you.
* If you are currently a Local 338 member, you can view all of your available benefits, as well as your contract, when you log into your “My Local 338” account via the website or app!*
Depending on your contract, these are a few examples of benefits that you may be eligible for:
Get medical attention from a medical professional whenever you need it - 24/7, 365 days!
Full Body Scans: This benefit can help identify health issues before any symptoms, allowing you the option to prevent or more effectively treat an issue.
Local 338 members can access up to 30 hours of free legal counseling to address such issues as immigration, creating a will, buying or selling a home, or even dealing with landlord-tenant related issues.
Depending on your contract, you may be eligible for reimbursement for your childcare expenses.
Hospital Income Replacement
If you miss work due to a hospitalization or outpatient procedure, Local 338 will pay you directly to make up for a portion of your lost income!
When you go through an approved vendor, you could be reimbursed of up to $1,000 towards the cost.
Scholarships and Continuing Education
Local 338 members and their dependents are eligible for a number of educational opportunities, including:
• Free GED Classes
• ESL Courses
• Free Foreign Language Program Where You Can Learn Over 70 Different Languages
• Free Online Courses to Earn your Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s Degree
Your union membership also entitles you to access discounts and special offers exclusively available to you. These include:
• Discounted tickets to Six Flags, Hershey Park and Disney
• Discounted movie tickets at local theaters
• Discounts on tires and other automotive services
• And much, much more!