How Do I Join a Union?
• Are you disappointed about what’s happening at your current job?
• Are the working conditions unsafe?
• Is your schedule unpredictable or are you not receiving enough hours?
• Are you not receiving any benefits?
• Are you being overworked without being properly compensated?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, you have a choice!
The first step to joining our union, is by simply giving us a call and asking to speak to our Executive Vice President, Neil Gonzalvo 516-294-1338 ext. 1400. He will handle your request to begin unionizing your worksite. Our organizing team will then work with you and your co-workers to understand the issues you are facing on the job. We will listen and help you and your coworkers through every step of the union campaign process - from signing union authorization cards to the union election to negotiating your first union contract.
If you are an employee at a non-union worksite, you may have questions on the process towards obtaining a union contract as well as what rights you have. For more information, please click here!